I’m certain that most people have some sort of bucket-list. A list of things you want to do before you die. Well, I have a Spain bucket-list. Things and places I want to see while I’m here before my last day on earth. I also have a food bucket-list but that’ll be a whole different post. So I thought I’d share my list of places and things I want to see in this beautiful country and get some feedback from you guys to see if you think I should add anything and if you’ve been to any of these places before.
- Skiing in the Sierra Nevada mountains
- Visit architectural monuments from Gaudi in Barcelona.
- Take a flamenco class
- Walk Las Ramblas
- Go to Camp Nou
- Participate in La Tomatina in Bunol.
- See the Guggenheim museum in Bilbao
- See the running of the bulls in Pamplona
- Visit the city of Rhonda in Andalucia
- See the hanging houses in Cuenca
- Have pinxtos in San Sebastian
- Visit Montserrat
- Go to an El Classico match
- Hike the Picos de Europa
- Go to a bull fight (I’m going to get some haters for this one)
- Stay the night in Arcos de la Fronterra
- Visit a vineyard or bodega in La Rioja
- Drink cider beer in Asturias
- See Las Fallas in Valencia
- Eat paella in Valencia
- Go to La Feria in Sevilla
- Hike part or all of the Camino de Santiago
- Visit Oviedo
- Go to the Carnaval in Cadiz
- Stay the night in the hotel Marques de Riscal in La Rioja
- See the Roman ruins in Merida
Visit Plaza Mayor and University in Salamanca
- Visit the Valley of the Fallen
- Walk the Camino del Rey in Malaga
I’ve been to Spain once before so I’ve seen the Palacio Real in Madrid, I’ve seen La Alhambra, I’ve been to Segovia, Toledo, Sevilla, Cordoba, and I’ve lived in Madrid so most touristy things in those cities I’ve seen but if you think I’m missing anything that you’d like to see me write about just let me know! I’d love to hear some feedback.
(also, since this is a bucket-list of things that I haven’t done yet, these photos were taken off of the website flickr.com with the owners permission)